Level 2 Award in Wines Intensive, Auckland September 2022
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines gives a broad overview of the world of wines. Each class focuses on specific subjects and always includes the opportunity to taste related wines. The course is taught over three days and upon completion of classes on the third day, students sit a one hour, 50 question multiple choice closed book exam. There is no tasting exam.
|Day 1||Friday 23rd September 2022|
|Day 2||Saturday 24th September 2022|
|Day 3||Friday 7th October 2022|
|Exam||Friday 7th October|
NOTE : students must attend all three days. Class timings : 9.30am - 4.45pm
The completed exams are sent back to WSET in London for marking and grading. It is recommended that students put in at least 12 hours of their own private study prior to sitting the exam.
- Introduction to Course, Wine Tasting, Storage of Wine, Food & Wine Pairing
- Factors Influencing the production of red wines
- Zinfandel and Pinot Noir
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Factors influencing the production of white, sweet and rose wines
- Riesling, Chenin Blanc, Semillon/Semillon, Furmint
- Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer, Viognier, Albarino
- Sparkling wines
- Gamay, Grenache/Garnacha, Tempranillo, Carmenere, Malbec, Pinotage
- Cortese, Garganega, Verdicchio, Fiano, Nebbiolo, Barbera, Corvina, Sangiovese, Montepulciano
- Fortified wines
|Enrol + pay course fee 26th August||$1150.00|
|Enrol + pay course fee by 16th September||$1295.00|
|enrolments close 16th September|
Course fee includes WSET course study materials, tuition, wines, and exam fee. Fee includes gst.