WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
All students must have successfully completed Level 2 before enrolling in Level 3.
This qualification is intended to provide core knowledge of the wide range of wines from around the world, with in-depth study over 5 intensive days. Spirits have been deleted from the syllabus.
Study packs are delivered once enrolments are closed so students can familiarise themselves with the materials. This course requires at least 56 hours of self study once the course has started.
The 2.5 hour final exam comprises 60 multiple choice questions, 4 short answer questions and a blind tasting of two wines.
- Course Induction and Tasting Technique
- The Natural Factors and Human Influences in the Vineyard
- The Human Factors in the Winery that Influence Style, Quality and Price
- White Wines of Germany, Alsace, Austria and the Tokaj region of Hungary
- White Wines of Burgundy, the Loire Valley and Bordeaux
- Red and Rosé Wines of Bordeaux, South West France and the Loire Valley
- Red Wines of Burgundy and the Red and White Wines of the Northern Rhône Valley
- Red, White and Rosé wines of the Southern Rhône Valley, Southern France; Red wines of Spain (1) and white wines of Spain and Portugal
- Red Wines of Spain (2) and Red and White Wines of Northern Italy
- Red and White Wines of Central and Southern Italy, Red Wines of Portugal, and Red and White wines of Greece
- Premium Red Wine Regions of the New World
- Premium White Wine Regions of the New World
- Regional Specialities of the New World
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified Wines
NOTE: Students should attend all five days.
2018 Course Fee : $1755.00 inc gst. includes WSET course study materials, tuition, wines, and exam fee.
Venue: Jubilee Building, Parnell Trust, 545 Parnell Road, Parnell, Auckland
To book a course or register your interest